About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, April 8, 2016

Hush

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 8 April 2016
Director: Mike Flanagan
Writer: Mike Flanagan and Kate Siegel
Running Time: 81 Minutes
Rating? R
SPOILERS? NOPE

REVIEWS
IMDB: 6.7 of 10
MY RATING: 8

STORYLINE
A deaf writer who retreated into the woods to live a solitary life must fight for her life in silence when a masked killer appears at her window.

MY REVIEW
I had my reservations about this movie, but it was clearly a surprise. We are introduced to Maddie, played by Kate Siegel,  who is working on a novel deep in the woods when her world gets jumbled up and insane when a masked man shows up in her window to terrorize her. She clearly does not see him and does not hear him either. Did I mention that she was deaf? Yeah, that takes this story to a whole new level. I wanted to yell at her so many times to just LOOK at the window. I did appreciate the way this film lets you really feel what she must be going through.
What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Michael Trucco... Enough Said, but not really. I have loved him since One Tree Hill and loved him again in Battlestar Galactica and in Revenge.. I mean, what have I not loved him in!! 
  • Creative! It was a simple story-line that could have gotten messy and lost itself in the details. This was not the case. It was certainly effective storytelling. 
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • There were some pieces that lost me, but not enough to fail the movie was a whole. (Dream sequence)
On a more personal note..... Fun at work today. I feel like I always have so many screens in front of me! Pink and pearls today!! And finally, after I got home, I let Jinxie and Isabella watch some "Bird TV" on the computer.


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment