About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, March 11, 2016

10 Cloverfield Lane

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 11 March 2016
Running Time: 1 hour and 43 Minutes
Staring:  John Goodman, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, John Gallagher Jr.
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? YES, sorry!

REVIEWS
IMDB: 7.4 of 10
MY RATING: 8 

STORYLINE

Soon after leaving her fiancé Michelle is involved in a car accident. She awakens to find herself sharing an underground bunker with Howard and Emmett. Has she been saved from an apocalyptical event as Howard & Emmett tell her or are there other motives for her being held against her will?

MY REVIEW:
Firstly, I would love to say that this was a most astonishing first film for director Dan Trachtenberg formerly of Revision3 fame. (I loved that show!) This was a high intensity, claustrophobia inducing, anxiety making experience. I am an avid movie watcher and writer, so I do pride myself on being able to pick up on the subtleties that lead me to "guess" the hidden agenda. I failed here.

I was pretty into the idea of the story. John Goodman's portrayal of Howard Stambler was spot on. He was creepy and kind of unsettling. It was in the third act where this movie fell apart for me. It was going fairly well audit took a completely different direction. To me, it seemed disjointed and poorly fleshed out.

What I absolutely DID NOT like was the use of "Cloverfield" in the title. As a fan of the original Cloverfield movie, I was kind of expecting a prequel to sequel to the original. FALSE. There was really no link whatsoever to the universe that
Drew Goddard created for Cloverfield. This made me pretty sad.

Overall, the movie was good. There were definitely moments of great vision and moments that left a bad taste in your mouth. More good than bad.

On a personal note: How cute is my kitten Dexter? He was super snuggly this afternoon and would not let me go too far out of his sight!! He'll be one in a few weeks!!
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment