About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 31 July 2015
Running Time: 131 Minutes
Staring:  Tom Cruise, Rebecca Ferguson, Jeremy Renner, Simon Pegg, Ving Rames and Alec Baldwin
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? YES

REVIEWS
IMDB: 8.1 of 10
Rotten Tomatoes: Critics: 93% Audience: 92%
MY RATING: 7ish of 10

MY REVIEW:
I do want to point out that Tom Cruise is 53 years old. 53 YEARS OLD. His leading ladies keep getting younger and this is no exception. This one introduces Rebecca Ferguson as the new Mission girl.. she's 32. It just becomes Mission:  Improbable to me.

It was not the best movie in the world, but if you liked the last Mission: Impossible, then you'll like this one. Ethan Hunt {Cruise} returns on hot on the trip of an underground group of baddies called the Syndicate. We see Alan Hunley {Alec Baldwin} appear before a senate committee demanding that the IMF {Impossible Missions Force} be disbanded with William Brandt {Jeremy Renner} being cool as always. Hanley succeeds and now Ethan is a wanted man. Typical storyline continues.

We get to see Benji Dunn {Simon Pegg} and Luther Stickell {Ving Rhames} again. It's lots of action and lots of Tom Cruise being Tom Cruise. I enjoyed the travel aspect and found myself trying to remember the last time I stood in some of the places they filmed.

Here's where the movie fell apart for me... Ghost Protocol was a decent movie and it was exciting, Rogue Nation must didn't seem to have the calibre of action sequences and over the top white-knuckle feelings that I got previously.

I loved most of the characters in general but the "villain" in this movie seems less cool and interesting. He's just not that "villain-y" for me.

All in all, it was a fun watch for the summer and I'm sure it will get some decent reviews from the fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment