About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, May 29, 2015

San Andreas


GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 29 May 2015
Running Time: 114 Minutes
Staring:  Dwayne Johnson, Carla Gugino, Alexandra Daddario, Ioan Gruffudd
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? YES

REVIEWS
IMDB: 6.6 of 10 Link
Rotten Tomatoes: Critics: 50% Audience: 61% Link
MY RATING: 5ish of 10. A little better than okay but not quite average

MY REVIEW:
I think the nicest thing I have to say about this movie is that it's a better than average end of the world style movie.

Here are my issues:
1- The seismologist is the voice of reason who is not listened to. I think the idea that movies perpetuate the stereotype of "Lets ignore the smart guy" routine is just annoying at this point. His LITERAL job is to figure this earthquake shit out and then when he does it's basically too late for most of the people since there are no safeguards in place. {shakes my head}

2- The too-far from serious action sequences are just TOO MUCH. It's almost as if they put a preposterous line on a chart and had the writers do their level best to reach above that line for 90 of the 114 minutes. No one is that lucky! How about some realism! Yeah, a bunch of people died, but it was just too much of not enough.

3- Who wrote this?? It was basically like a bingo game played with disaster movies. Lets pick a bunch of crap and glue it all together.

4- The ultra-cheestastic last line of the movie was so utterly ridiculous that I ACTUALLY LAUGHED OUT LOUD!!! The Rock is standing with his wife and daughter and two random strangers looking over the mass destruction that is left behind in the wake of the earthquake//tsunami/fire and godzilla like devastation and his wife says: "What do we do now?" I was waiting for the line that would have made sense to me like, move to Kansas or whatever. So that was not the line that the writers felt was needed. Rock looks out and says with a straight face, "We rebuild." Seriously?? That was so the end for me.

My Final Rating: 5ish of 10 Just a bit better than okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment