About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Pitch Perfect 2


GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 15 May 2015
Running Time: 115 Minutes
Staring:  Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Hailee Steinfeld, Brittany Snow, Skylar Astin, Adam DeVine, Katey Segal
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? YES

REVIEWS
IMDB: 6.9 of 10
Rotten Tomatoes: Critics: 65% Audience: 71%
MY RATING: 8 of 10

MY REVIEW:
I feel like I should be honest about this upfront. I was an A Capella girl in late High School and in College so I have a hard time being 100% fair in the evaluation.

It was obviously not "Gone with the Wind" but it was not a horrible movie. I think there were some really hilariously awesome parts and when you combine the amount of laughs in the 115 minutes it equally to a movie that provided the bang for the buck!

The plot sets the so-loved Barden Bellas in a predicament.. poor Fat Amy has a nasty wardrobe malfunction causing her private area to be broadcast nation-wide causing the on-campus stock of the Bellas to plummet faster than David Caruso's career {Thank you South Park, I have been waiting for years to use that!} With the loss of their status and being barred from active recruiting, they decide to do the last thing that anyone thought was possible, win the International A Capella Competition that NO AMERICAN group has done before. Yeah, that was pretty obvious, even to me that they would win, but what a journey!

The Beca/Jesse and Fat Amy/Bumper love stories are widely different and amazingly awesome!

So many amazing mash-up songs. So many quotable lines. So many laughs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment