About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, August 29, 2014

As Above, So Below


GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 29 August 2014
Running Time: 93 Minutes
Staring:  Perdita Weeks, Ben Feldman, Edwin Hodge, etc
Rating? R
SPOILERS? YES. But it's horrible, so you shouldn't see it anyway!

REVIEWS
IMDB: 6.1 of 10
Rotten Tomatoes: Critics: 27% Audience: 40%
MY RATING: 1 of 10

MY REVIEW:
I don't give out 1's in my reviews too often but this deserves every iota of that 1!

I love scary movies, I know, I say that all the time. That's just because I go to a lot of scary/horror movies and most of them are suck-tactic. I just want you to know that I am not just a glutton for punishment. I see them with a hopeful heart that modern day screen writers will come up with something new and awesome.

This one fell so far from the mark that I could not believe I stayed for the whole movie. I think it was just to see if anything got better in the end. Nope. I know I'm not the only one who watches these things and says in my head for the cast not to go in there or not to open that door. This was just a cacophony of ridiculous events one after another.

So, there's a catacomb with some scary Dante's Inferno line... "Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here." That line should have been made available to the watcher. Then they go down into the catacombs and stuff happens. Not awesome scary stuff, but stuff.

This was catastrophically horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment