About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, April 16, 2010

Kick-Ass

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 16 April 2010
Running Time: 117 Minutes
Staring:  Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Nicholas Cage, Chloe Grace Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse...
Rating? R
SPOILERS? YES

REVIEWS
IMDB: 7.7 of 10
MY RATING: 9

STORYLINE
Dave Lizewski is an unnoticed high school student and comic book fan who one day decided to become a super hero, even through he has no powers, training, or meaningful reason to do so.

MY REVIEW:
I absolutely loved this movie. I had a sneaking suspicion that it was going to suck, so I made sure to get popcorn and snacks to keep myself occupied when I got bored. WoW! Was I surprised. This was one of the funniest and entertaining super-hero-type movies I've seen in a while. It was new and interesting and a story that wasn't overly told!

You actually had a director, Matthew Vaughn, who cared enough to make it amazing! There was character development, plot lines and cohesive movement throughout.

I appreciate a good comic-book geek just as much as the next fan girl. This one made me feel okay about that! I loved the characters and actor choices to play them. It is bloody and violent, but that's all in the name of the game!

Great Job!

No comments:

Post a Comment