About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Saturday, April 7, 2018

Ready Player One

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 29 March 2018
     Watched 7 April 2018
Director:  Steven Spielberg
Writer: Zak Penn and Ernest Cline
Running Time: 2 Hours and 20 Minutes
Staring: Tye SheridanOlivia CookeBen MendelsohnT.J. Miller and a few more
Rating PG-13
SPOILERS? NO 

REVIEWS
MY RATING: 8

STORYLINE
When the creator of a virtual reality world called the OASIS dies, he releases a video in which he challenges all OASIS users to find his Easter Egg, which will give the finder his fortune.

MY REVIEW
This movie is a near-genius love letter to pop culture penned with a pink feather quill signed with a sparkly heart over the i.  I loved every minute of the 2+ hours of this movie. Yes, there were some spots that I found derivative and even silly, however, the nerd in me was in heaven.
*Please note that I have not read the book!

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Love, love love the use of pop culture icons all over the place. Prince, Michael Jackson, Star Wars characters and many, many more. This was nostalgia from my childhood on steroids. 
  • I saw the 3-D version of this movie and it was almost so subtle that at times I forgot that I was even wearing the silly glasses.
  • I CAN'T EVEN! This soundtrack was awesome. I quite nearly sang along, mostly internally, to every song. 
  • Steven Spielberg as a director was perfection. He did an amazing job combining the dual settings of a futuristic overly-crowded city to the OASIS where people's every fantasy can be reality.
  • THE SHINING!! That is all I am going to say. If you are a horror fan, you will find a smile in a few spots in this movie. I think there was an actual tear!! :)
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • Not overly cheesy, a little cheese but super light.
  • Would have loved to see the R-Rated version of this. PG-13 is not something that I typically go for, but the idea of this movie was intriguing.
SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment