About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, December 15, 2017

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 15 December 2017
Director: Rian Johnson
Writer: Rian Johnson based on characters by George Lucas
Running Time: 2 Hours and 32 Minutes
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? NO

REVIEWS
MY RATING: 8

STORYLINE
Rey develops her newly discovered abilities with the guidance of Luke Skywalker, who is unsettled by the strength of her powers. Meanwhile, the Resistance prepares to do battle with the First Order.

MY REVIEW
OMG! OMG! OMG! I was waiting for this one to come out for such a long time! I tried to remain spoiler free fro the most part but there were a handful of things that slipped past. Luckily for me, they did not ruin the movie. Since the news that Disney was taking over the Star Wars franchise I had mixed emotions. On one hand, I didn't want them to ruin the legacy that George Lucas created and on the other, I knew that Disney would revive the series and put out a lot more for me to watch. I am still torn.
I wanted to love this movie. I really did. I had the highest of hopes and was ready to write a review and call this movie a 10! I will not be doing so. I left the movie on Friday night with a kind of lack of enthusiasm that I do not expect from a Star Wars movie. It took a day or so and a few more viewings to really let the story sink in and I think that made it go from a strong 6 to a full on 8.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • The Last Jedi proposes a new idea that I absolutely love. YES, the Jedi Order CAN end. The Force does not need to live within a Jedi, but can live independently within us all. This was the strongest of the themes that stuck with me after the movie. I love the idea that each one of us caries some piece that can be awakened into magic!
  • JOHN WILLIAMS- THIS IS STAR WARS. The Music off John Williams will always be the glue that hold all of the Star Wars universe together for me. It's classic. Its fun to listen to and it's forever.
  • New worlds. New people. New circumstances.
  • STAR WARS!!!!
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • I will not say too much as this is a spoiler-- Princess Leia. Seriously. Did that really happen? Couldn't they just let that one go and let us move on? No, so, no what? How are you going to deal with that in the next movie Rian Johnson!?
  • Holdo? Hold on! I think the addition of new characters into the SW family is awesome. I love seeing new folks get a chance to love out their dreams in this universe! I think the story arch that she was in would have been more poignant if they had let Admiral Akbar or Leia take on that task. It would have left us with a more meaningful idea.
  • There was a bit tooo much humor. I did enjoy some of the laughs as it did bring back some of the fun aspects of Episode 4. But it was a bit over the top.
  • Kylo Ren's flip flopping. Just be bad or be good. Pick one and move the hell on!
  • Benicio del Toro plays himself. Enough said.
What QUESTIONS do I now have?
  • Snoke? I get it, he's just Snoke. He's not a different character reborn as Snoke. I know after the Empire fell the First Order took over with the Knights of Ren but they seems to have their shit together a little more than the Empire. I just need to understand Snoke's origin.
  • Rey's Parents? Did Kylo Ten lie to her or are her parents "nobody" just like the young Anakin?


On a more personal note..... 
WE WERE ON THE NEWS! Terry and I were interviewed about our love of Star Wars! 

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment