About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Justice League

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 17 Nov 2017
Director: Zack Snyder
Writer: Chris Terrio and Joss Whedon
Running Time: 120 Minutes
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? NO

REVIEWS

STORYLINE
Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman's selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of meta humans to stand against this new threat. Despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes, Batman, WW, AquaMan, Cyborg and The Flash may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.

MY REVIEW
First, I'd like to say that this MAY have gotten a lower rating simply for the fact that I was sitting in a theater (Lynnhaven Mall) with the dregs of society, i.e.: tiny humans and their handlers as well as medium humans with little respect for cinema rules such as turn off your cell phone and stop the jibber jabber!

I do give Zack Snyder some credit for a decent movie. I loved some of his previous movies such as Suicide Squad, 300 and Watchmen.

It was definitely not a BAD movie. There were a few things that I really enjoyed however, there were not enough to get the rating for me past a six. Let's discuss.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Jason Momoa- Dear Mr. Momoa- Can you please just leave your shirt off forever? K-Thanks!
  • The comedic interjection from The Flash. I can see the Joss Wheedon humor in this. Love me some Joss!
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • Length!- This movie was really just too long. Between the 22 minutes of previews and the 2 hour movie. I was twisting and turning in my seat. Seriously, next time, I need to go to Strawbridge, where I can at least sit in a recliner!
  • The League Itself- Not saying too much here, but Batman just got everyone together and they are all good to go? I mean is there some sort of Superhero Monthly Mixer so no one is really a stranger? I didn't think the movie gave me enough to feel the group is a team other than a mishmash of meta-heroes working together. They were stiff and plainly one-dimensional. Didn't really see much to talk about.
  • Theme and Cohesion of Story- This is a patchwork of stories and themes that are all muted together into a movie that is FAR TOO long!
  • The Villain- What a downer! I just felt like there was nothing there. His plot line was so weak
On a more personal note..... Had a lovely brunch this morning with my friend Melissa and then off to finish grocery shopping and finally to the movies! Bonus- Here's the K2SO head that we printed on the 3-D printer last week!

SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment