About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Life

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 24 March 2017
      iTunes 3 June 2017
Director: Daniel Espinosa
Writer: Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick
Running Time: 1 Hour and 44 Minutes
Rating? R
SPOILERS? NO

REVIEWS

STORYLINE
Six astronauts aboard the space station study a sample collected from Mars that could provide evidence for extraterrestrial life on the Red Planet. The crew determines that the sample contains a large, single-celled organism - the first example of life beyond Earth. But, things are not always what they seem. As the crew begins to conduct research, and their methods end up having unintended consequences, the life form proves more intelligent that anyone ever expected.

MY REVIEW
Full disclosure, I was not really into the idea of watching this movie, but it was Saturday and nothing was on TV so we rented it on iTunes. I had to google Daniel Espinosa to see if I liked any of his other movies... {Safe House- Never saw it. Easy Money- Never saw it. Nothing else was released in the US.} Then I looked up Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. {Oh, they were writers on Deadpool and Zombieland.} I loved those. Let's do this.

First 20 minutes were pretty awesome, then that's when my brain disconnected from the story and plot fell into the tiger pit of plot holes and logic left on vacation.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Ryan Reynolds-  Love some Ryan Reynolds!!
  • Special Effects were pretty brilliant!
  • Scares- A good number of jump scares
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • Characters- No one believes that NASA would have hired these idiots to do this kind of work!  Every single person who is working on the ISS seems to be an emotional train wreck, extremely unprofessional or just an idiot! I know I've said this in more reviews that just one, but seriously Hollywood, when you have a scientist who is making dumb decisions, it's hard for people like me to watch this and let them take a pass for doing things off-book our outside of protocol!  I just can't stand watching people make dumb decisions!!
  • The Life Form- This thing is just not an anachronism. It's carbon based, consumes water yet does not boil or die in the vacuum of space. Please consult some actual scientists when you make this type of movie!!


On a more personal note..... Such a pretty day today. Got all dolled-up to go have lunch with Melissa. Then got a few rays of sun in the backyard and watched this little munchkin, Dexter Morgan, beg to go out and play in the grass!

No comments:

Post a Comment