About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Batman vs. Superman

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 25 March 2016
     Watched  June 12 2016
Director: Zack Snyder
Writer: Chris Terrio and David Goyer
Running Time: 151 Minutes
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? Ah, not really that many!

REVIEWS
IMDB: 7 of 10
MY RATING: 6

STORYLINE
The General public is controversial over having superman on their planet and letting the dark knight pursue the streets of Gotham. And while this is happening, a power-phobic batman tries to attack superman, meanwhile, superman tries to settle on a decision, and Lex Luther, a millionaire, tries to use his own advantages to fight the man of steel.

MY REVIEW
Well, in all honesty, I was not that excited to watch this movie, but after some negotiation with the husband, this was our evening movie of choice. I was trying to pay attention but I just had a hard time keeping focused. (I think I may have been tired and cranky as well). It's not a BAD movie. It's pretty average, hence the 6 rating from me.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Batman and Alfred were pretty awesome. I had my doubts about B-Fleck but he really did a good job with what he was given. He represented the Batman that I feel is the most appropriate for a kid who watches his parents die and grows up with resentment and anger. (I'll bring up the whole parents thing in a minute)
  • Shit blowing up action! Yes, this was a great part for me. I do love a good action scene. The cinematography was pretty impressive. You can have a piece of shit movie and if it's filmed and edited in the RIGHT way, it can increase my review!!
  • Along with the action, the cinematography in general. This was a beautiful film to watch. The shots were nicely planned and cut together with some well-designed but poorly executed CGI.
  • I LOVE that Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Lauren Cohan play Mom and Dad Wayne. I am a HUGE Walking Dead fan and to see Negan and Maggie together in a different show was 
    awesome!!
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • The people who go to see these movies KNOW the story of how Batman becomes the Batman! DO we really need to rehash it out with each movie? Does every director need to show their own interpretation of this poor little boy watching his parents get shot to death? I think we can go ahead and leave that out in the future!!
  • Editing and Speed is just a mess. The scenes seemed slapped together with little connection. The story lines are multiple and some are disjointed from the others. I'm a comic fan and I followed along okay, but still. Not impressed.
  • Superman. Yeah, he was not my favorite. 
  • Lex Luthor also, not my favorite. I love Jesse Eisenberg, but casting him in this role was less than stellar.
  • Motivation in general. There was just an underdeveloped story that really made no clear sense why exactly Batman and Superman are mad at each other. I didn't get it at all
On a more personal note..... How cute are these guys!?!?!?! Dexter Morgan turned one this month!! He's the grey tabby with the tiny white feet!! He's gotten pretty close to his little brother Rocket. (He's about 4.5 months old) They were pretty adorable this morning and I just had to snap a photo!! Love these guys faces!!
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment