About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Saturday, September 5, 2015

The Man from U.N.C.L.E

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 14 August 2015
Running Time: 116 Minutes
Staring:  Armie Hammer, Henry Cavill and Alicia Vikander
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? YES

REVIEWS
IMDB: 7.6 of 10
Rotten Tomatoes: Critics: 68% Audience: 80%
MY RATING: 8 of 10

STORYLINE
Set in the early 60's, CIA Agent Solo and KGB Operative Kuryakin work on a joint mission against a mysterious criminal.

MY REVIEW:
First, I'd like to say that I am not old enough to remember the original series and I don't recall much from syndication.

The movie definitely set the tone in both fashion and music for it being set in the 60's. Henry Cavill did an outstanding job of speaking in a way that definitely helped with the message of the movie. He played Napoleon Solo, a delightfully suave and intelligent crook turned CIA guy. Guy Ritchie, whom I typically scoff at as a director, did well with the cinematography.

Storyline was fun and entertaining and did keep you on your toes. I loved the multiple storylines and the over the top choreography really brought out the 60's tv show idea for me. It was a pretty decent hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment