About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, April 17, 2015

Unfriended


GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 17 April 2015
Director: Levan Gabriadze
Writer: Nelson Greaves
Running Time: 83 Minutes
Rating? R
SPOILERS? YES

REVIEWS
MY RATING: 1, only because my ranking doesn't go to below 0!

STORYLINE
A group of online chat room friends find themselves haunted by a mysterious, supernatural force using the accent of their dead friend.

MY REVIEW
I love a good horror movie. They generally don't scare me, but I love the adrenaline and the surprising bits that make you jump in your seat.

If I had known that this entire film would be "as seen through the eyes of a Skype" screen cast, I would have likely bowed out gracefully and went along my merry way. I did not. I paid, well, we paid our $12 each to sit in a lovely theater and watch this hot pile of garbage!

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • This would have made a damn good movie idea if only written/directed by someone who knew what the hell they were doing!!
  • The idea of using social media as a catalyst to propel the point of the movie was interesting. It's about someone putting a not so flattering video of a girl online and then she kills herself. That in itself gave it the one and only reason that I actually decided to do this review!
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • This is NOT a HORROR film!
  • The characters were no where near cultivated and interesting. That IS the one piece in horror that MUST be correct. There has to be at least one person who is redeemable. To make that, you have to have empathy for them. This was not the case. There was no empathy built for these group of idiots at all. I could care less if they all died. I would have rather had them all die in the first scene so I could get my night back!


On a more personal note..... Got some awesome selfie time with my little Isabella. Terry and I drove to Newport News and I played Plants vs. Zombies and finally, Jinxie sat and watched Avatar for like 20 minutes.

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment