About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, November 14, 2014

Birdman


GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 14 Nov 2014
Running Time: 119 Minutes
Staring:  Michael Keaton, Zach Galifianakis, Edward Norton, Andrea Risenborough, Amy Ryan, Emma Stone, Naomi Watts...
Rating? R
SPOILERS? NOPE

REVIEWS
IMDB: 7.9 of 10
Rotten Tomatoes: Critics: 92% Audience: 78%
MY RATING: 10 of 10

MY REVIEW:
This movie is a symphony on film. I loved every minute of this movie! It's art.

The movie starts of with these words: "And did you get what you wanted from this life? Even so, I did. And what did you want? To call myself beloved, to feel myself beloved on the Earth." 

The most interesting piece is the use of the single continuous take technique of film-making in this movie. Seamless and interesting.

If you have not seen this movie, please do yourself a favor and see it at the next most convenient time.

I will say that the performance by Michael Keaton as Riggan Thompson, a washed-up has-been actor trying to break back into the lime light is amazing. He is being hit my the pressures of life at every angle... ex-wife, daughter, his past, etc..

Some people think and see themselves in a very different way than the world around them. This movie is an exploration of that theme. If you are one of the few who did not think this was a good movie, then you are exactly why this movie needed to exist! Perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment