About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, October 4, 2013

Gravity


GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 4 October 2013
Running Time: 91 Minutes
Staring:  Sandra Bullock, George Clooney, Ed Harris
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? NO

REVIEWS
IMDB: 7.9 of 10
Rotten Tomatoes: Critics: 97% Audience: 80%
MY RATING: 8.5 of 10

STORYLINE
Dr. Ryan Stone is a brilliant medical engineer on her first shuttle mission, with veteran astronaut Matt Kowalski in command of his last flight before retiring. But on a seemingly routine spacewalk, disaster strikes. The shuttle is destroyed leaving Stone and Kowalski completely alone - tethered to nothing but each other and spiraling out into the blackness.

MY REVIEW:
This will be a pretty easy review. It was good, almost great. Based on the trailer, I wasn't 100% sure what to expect. I think that may have been a good thing. I felt like the story was unfolding in front of me. I enjoyed the vastness and blackness of space used as a set.

I did see it in IMAX 3d, so the space portions were pretty amazing. George Clooney basically plays himself if he were an astronaut. Sandra Bullock does a great job of making her character become likable and someone who you want to survive and succeed.

This is visually stunning. I know a lot of it was CGI and that's fine. It still felt authentic to the movie. I enjoyed it very much!

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment