About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, September 7, 2012

The Tall Man


GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 5 Sept 2012
Running Time: 106 Minutes
Staring:  Jessica Biel
Rating? R
SPOILERS? NO

REVIEWS
IMDB: 6.0 of 10
Rotten Tomatoes: Critics: 48% Audience: 38%
MY RATING: 5

THE STORYLINE:
This is about the town of Cold Rock and the legend about the children who are going missing. It's said that an entity known as "The Tall Man" has been taking them. Julia Denning is a local nurse whose husband died years earlier is soon taking care of the local women. Then her child is taken and she discovers theres more to the legend that whet she knows. The townsfolk start to turn on her and then the truth comes out. There's more to the story that just "Who is the Tall Man?"

MY REVIEW:
The idea of this movie was interesting to me. Jessica Biel was the only person that I recognized in the cast. I found it interesting story about an isolated slowly dying mining town where the children are vanishing.  There are the whispers about the "Tall Man" are heard everywhere. That's when Julia played by Jessica Biel finds that her son David has been kidnapped. We do get some interesting twists at this point with some twists that I really didn't see. The first two acts of the movie were pretty decent and that's where it lost me. It became less of a thriller and more social commentary. It falls flat with me that the biggest cover-up in town is less than it could have been. Still a 5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment