About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, March 4, 2011

The Adjustment Bureau

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 4 March 2011
Running Time: 106 Minutes
Staring:  Matt Damon, Emily Blunt,  etc
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? YES

REVIEWS
IMDB: 7.1 of 10
MY RATING: 7

STORYLINE
The affair between a politician and a ballerina is effected by mysterious forces keeping the lovers apart.

MY REVIEW:
I actually enjoyed the fun and farcical romp about the ideal of love in a uncontrollable world. I rather liked the idea of the Bureau that watches over the humans on the planet to guide their lives. As an atheist, this still doesn't make sense, but at least there were no angels in white!

In the middle of all of this is David Norris {Matt Damon} who encounters a kind of slip. Helping him along the way is a girl he meets by accident, twice. Elise. {Emily Blunt} What was confusing were the supposed rules that get explained a few times, but still just don't make sense to me. The Bureau, which may I point out are ONLY MEN seem to have unlimited powers.

It did take a little extra for me to suspend disbelief and go with the flow.  This movie does make you think about the idea of possibilities for your own life. Great on-screen chemistry with Damon and Blunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment