About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, October 2, 2009

Zombieland

MY RATING: 8

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info:  2 October 2009
Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Horror
Director:Ruben Fleischer
Writer: Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick
Running Time: 1 Hour and 28 Min
Rating? R
SPOILERS? NO

STORYLINE
A shy student trying to reach his family in Ohio, a hun-toting guy trying to find the last twinkie and a pair of sisters trying to get to an amusement park join forces to travel across a zombie-filled America.

MY REVIEW
"Oh, America.  I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. There are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland." That's how this movie starts.

Some day, in the future, I will be in the same boat as those who were around when Rocky Horror came our when I can sat that I was around for the beginning of a cult classic. Yes, boys and girls, THIS will be on that level. I swear to you.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • WRITING- This is a well-written movie for what it is. I was not expecting such a good piece of writing in a zombie comedy. Since I'm talking about the writing, let's go ahead and get right into the story. It's bizarrely interesting and easy to follow. I love the dichotomy of the three stories that converge into one shared path. There's no real world scenario where these four people would ever have bonded but yet, they have and it feels right. They all have their quirks but it flows and it's wonderful! BEST EVER was the rules. Comedy meets drama in a wonderful way!
  • CINEMATOGRAPHY- I struggled with this one, well, the struggle was where to put how m such I loved the bloody gore! I'm a gore girl, so of course I loved it!
  • SCORE- Metallica, Van Halen, Velvet Underground, Blue Oyster Cult and end it with a little Hand Williams Sr. That is a recipe for a winner right there!
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • There wasn't anything specific that I did not like. But I couldn't arbitrarily give this movie a 10. It was good, but it wasn't a 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment