About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, May 8, 2009

Star Trek

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 8 May 2009
Director: J.J. Abrams
Writer: Roberto OrciAlex Kurtzman
Running Time: 2 Hours and 7 minutes
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? NO

REVIEWS
MY RATING: 9

STORYLINE
The brash James T. Kirk (Chris Pine) tries to live up to his father's legacy with Mr. Spock (Zachary Quinto) keeping him in check as a vengeful Romulan from the future creates black holes to destroy the Federation one planet at a time.

MY REVIEW
Oh, J. J. Abrams! You do know how to make a pretty god-damned spectacular movie.

I'm not a Trekkie, anyone who knows me, knows that I am a loyal Star Wars fan, so for me to say that I absolutely loved this movie is enough.

J.J. Abrams was able to create an world that was very easy to lose yourself within. I appreciated that there are plenty of references to the original series to keep the fans happy and enough new to lure me into the movie.  

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • References to the original series. 
  • Casting!! The cast really seemed to be perfect. They did an amazing job BEING the people in the original shows, but giving them their own sense of originality.
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • I think the story was good, but there was sometime that stuck with me. Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek franchise was about diplomacy and peace with little bits of diplomacy and ethical dilemmas to make you think. This was missing in this movie for me.
On a more personal note..... 
Another filter. Another set of red lips. I do enjoy selfies!

No comments:

Post a Comment