About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, January 16, 2009

My Bloody Valentine 3-D


GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 16 Jan 2009
Director: Patrick Lussier (Scream, The Eye, Red Eye, Cursed)
Writer: Todd Farmer and Zane Smith
Running Time: 101 Minutes
Staring:  Jensen Ackles, Jaime King and Kerr Smith 
Rating? R
SPOILERS? YES, It's a re-make!

REVIEWS
IMDB: 5.5 of 10
MY RATING: 5

STORYLINE
Tom returns to his hometown on the tenth anniversary of the Valentine's night massacre that claimed the lives of 22 people. Instead of a homecoming, Tom finds himself suspected of committing the murders, and it seems like his old flame is the only one who believes he's innocent.

MY REVIEW
I remember watching the original My Bloody Valentine in junior high back in Texas at a slumber party. I loved it so much! It's likely one of the reasons that I love horror movies so much as an adult!

It's okay. Not good, just okay.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Bountifulness of blood, brutality and gore! What every true horror movie fan craves!
  • It's a lovely and entertaining collection of cliches that keep you tense until the last scene. Despite the predictable nature, I was deeply appreciative but still aware that it was full of the general horror movie staples.
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • Ineffective and weak dialog.
  • I think the most ineffective piece were the 3-D effects. 
  • It was a lot of fun  but still had a silly and manipulative plot.


On a more personal note..... Little homage to my baby boy, 9 month old Boomer. He's a little ginger sweetheart and I'm glad we added him to the fold!

No comments:

Post a Comment