About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, May 2, 2008

Iron Man

MY RATING: 7

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 2 May 2008
Genre: Ation, Adventure, Sci-Fi
Director: Jon Favreau
Writer:Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby
Running Time: 126 Minutes
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? NO

STORYLINE
Tony Stark. Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist. Son of legendary inventor and weapons contractor Howard Stark. When Tony Stark is assigned to give a weapons presentation to an Iraqi unit led by Lt. Col. James Rhodes, he's given a ride on enemy lines. That ride ends badly when Stark's Humvee that he's riding in is attacked by enemy combatants. He survives - barely - with a chest full of shrapnel and a car battery attached to his heart. In order to survive he comes up with a way to miniaturize the battery and figures out that the battery can power something else. Thus Iron Man is born. He uses the primitive device to escape from the cave in Iraq. Once back home, he then begins work on perfecting the Iron Man suit. But the man who was put in charge of Stark Industries has plans of his own to take over Tony's technology for other matters.

MY REVIEW
I know this is supposed to be a "How did Iron Man become Iron Man" movie, but it was less superhero and more suits. Overall though this is a well crafted superhero movie that is a good blend of realistic and sci-fi that fits right into a comic book universe. It's a shame the next sequel won't be as good. But looking forward to "The Avengers" movie which is hinted at the end of the credits. This movie ended in a very good note as well and will leave the audiences excited.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • This was NOT a superhero movie that you will typically see, however, it is well crafted and entertaining.
  • RDJ! I was hesitant, but Robert Downey Jr, carried this movie as Tony Stark. He seemed to me to BE Tony Stark, not just playing the role.
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • The main flaw that I saw with this movie is Iron Man itself.  The suit did't make enough appearances for me.
On a more personal note..... ... Hanging out with my little boys today! Teddy is an 11 year old Maine Coon Cat. He loves to sit on the couch like a person and watch tv with me! Spotty is an 8 year old domestic short hair. He's pretty special!

No comments:

Post a Comment