About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Thursday, December 27, 2018

Aquaman

RATINGS
MY RATING: 6

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 21 Dec 2018
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy
Director: James Wan
Writer:David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick and Will Beall
Running Time: 2 Hours and 23 Minutes
Staring: Jason Momoa (Like anyone else matters, but there were some other people in the movie) Amber HeardWillem DafoePatrick WilsonNicole Kidman and Dolph Lundgren
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? NO

STORYLINE
Arthur Curry, half human/half Atlantian, goes on a trip of a lifetime. Not only does this adventure compel him to come to terms with his real identity, but it also forces him to discover whether he is entirely worthy of fulfilling his own destiny: becoming a king.

MY REVIEW
I need to say this to set the tone of my review. I'm not a huge DC Comic fan, so I was going into this movie with a mediorce expectations. I'm glad I set that expectation for myself. This was not a HORRIBLE movie and Jason Momoa was wonderful eye candy.

If you're going to watch this movie, and you SHOULD in a theater, you will need to set aside your reality and turn on your suspension of belief meters.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Jason Momoa was not TOOO Momoa. He has been a little over the top snarky in the DC movies that he's been a recurring character. At least his snark was kept to a minimum for this one. There were a few moments that made me giggle though. But seriously!? Who would complain.. HE'S JASON MOMOA. I don't think he's NOT anyones type!
  • Cinematography undersea was amazing!
  • Soundtrack- What  smorgasbord of awesome music! And I will be adding a few of these to my general work out playlist. 1- Pitbull- "Ocean to Ocean" with sampling of Toto's "Africa" 2- Skylar Grey- "Everything I Need" 3- Depeche Mode- "It's No Good" 4- Roy Orbison- "She's a Mystery to Me" 5- Signor Ros- "Saeglopur"
What was JUST EHHH about this movie:
  • CGI- Well, I have to say that there was JUST so much CGI that it almost took me out of the movie. I understand why it was necessary, but it was SOOO over the top. Especially in the first 20 minutes where Nicole Kidman basically looked like a Nicole Kidman mask stretched taught over a face form. 
  • The mood shifts are a little off. The characters go between dead serious and cracking jokes way too easily.
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • I really had a hard time with the suspension of believe bit. I kept having to remind myself that this was supposed to be this way. I mean, I do love a good fantasy movie but the whole idea of Atlantis and living and breathing people under water. The Aqua-Special Forces with their water breathing suits. The laser cannons. SHARKS with armor and saddles? Seriously! This was a difficult one to get behind.
  • Predictable as FUCK!! This was such a linear plot that nothing much was a surprise!
On a more personal note..... 
Just being adorable today. Snapchat took a pretty awesome picture of Dexter Morgan and he basically looked like a hipster cat! AND I'm close to finishing my 3-D printed robot cat.


No comments:

Post a Comment