About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Saturday, September 9, 2017

Beauty and the Beast

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 17 March 2017
     9 September 2017 
Director: Bill Condon
Writer: Stephen Chbosky and Evan Spiliotopoulos
Running Time: 129 Minutes
Rating? PG
SPOILERS? Yeah, but it's not a new story

REVIEWS
MY RATING: 3 (3 for the Movie, 0 for the Story itself)

STORYLINE
"A tale as old as time..." An adaptation of the fairy tale about a monstrous prince and a young woman who fall in love...

MY REVIEW
I obviously didn't go see this in the theaters.. I will NOT go see a kids movie with actual kids near me. Not my thing. I did however, watch it at my friend Melissa's house on her comfy couch.  I was not expecting to like this movie but I did, to some extent.  Yes, I know I gave it a 3 and that's pretty low, but it was the story that could not let me go any higher.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • I actually appreciated the musical interludes.
  • CGI had its moments of being pretty great with the Beast. He had some pretty well done hair movement that I was not really expecting.
  • Josh Gad! I think he was my favorite part of the movie. He was amazing!
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie: Point to be made, it's not the MOVIE that I didn't like, it's the actual story. I have NEVER liked Disney movies or stories much due to the fact that most are sexist, racist and just plain inappropriate for modern society.
  • Well, what I didn't like is STILL the same thing that I didn't like when I first read this book and saw the movie as a kid. It's freaking Stockholm Syndrome! (No, I didn't know that word as a kid, but when I realized what it was, I knew!)
  • Unmarried women who can't feed themselves are begging in the streets and there is no compassion. A "beast" lives in the area and has an opulent home while the townspeople have little or nothing. It's the 99%! 
  • Belle seems to be an entitled bitch! She is always seen making comments about the small town and showing her contempt for provincial life. She is willingly taken as a prisoner but decides to allow the 'slaves' of the Beast to serve her. Basically, marry for money. Terrible message.


On a more personal note..... Took a quick selfie on the way to Chad and Melissa's and of course a few of the kids! Isabella, Jinx and Rocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment