About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Rogue One

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 16 December 2016
     Lucky Girl that I am got to see it one day early!!
Director: Gareth Edwards
Writer: Chris Weitz, Tony Gilroy, John Knoll and Gary Whitta. Based on characters developed by George Lucas.
Running Time: 134 Minutes
Staring:  Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Alyn Tudyk, Donnie Yen, Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed. (There are a ton more, but really, I think you get it!)
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? NO!!!!

REVIEWS
IMDB: 8.3 of 10
MY RATING: 8

STORYLINE
Jyn Erso, a Rebellion soldier and criminal, is about to experience her biggest challenge yet when Mon Mothma sets her out on a mission to steal the plans for the Death Star. With help from the Rebels, a master swordsman, and non-allied forces, Jyn will be in for something bigger than she thinks.


MY REVIEW
Full disclosure; I AM a Star Wars Girl! I mean, seriously, I have a 6'4" mannequin wearing a Darth Vader costume in my living room! I was almost an hour early for the movie and sat quietly and patiently through what seemed like an endless parade of shit movies that seemed to bombard me one after the next. {All I could think about was.. WHEN WILL THIS BE OVER!} Basically, I did love this movie. Gareth Edwards delivered from the directors chair a strong, well-developed movie that will stand up to the Star Wars fanatics like myself. There were a few little things that stopped this from being perfect, however, they were not movie destroyers!!

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • STAR WARS UNIVERSE- I loved the idea of showing more planets and plentitude of environments. Typical  Star Wars cities are desert, forest, crazy city or running piles of lava. I was very happy to see move options for the new Star Wars universe to grow into. Well Done!
  • EASTER EGGS- Plenty of wonderful items that a true fan will love to see and smile at while the movie plays. One hint.. Listen for "Red-5"
  • EMOTIONALLY stunning story. The writers did a wonderful job tying in stories from several movies and comments made into a full story. Jyn Erso, played fantastically well by Felicity Jones was the epitome of a fully rationalized and developed character!
  • REBELS! These were anti-heroes at best!  They were the exact type of "rebel scum" that a true fan wants to see be amazing on the screen.
  • CGI- I will NOT say what the specific things were, but it was amazing! Two specific items that will not be missed were amazing. 
  • CINEMATOGRAPHY- There were some amazing shots, some of which made me quite nearly tear up!
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
Although there was not much that I didn't like, there were a few things that I just could not look past. I mean, it's not a soul-stealing about of items that ruined the movie for me, but it was enough to bring it from a 10 to an 8.
  • The CRAWL!- WHERE is the crawl? How can I have a Star Wars movie with no crawl?
  • The TITLE- That WAS NOT Star Wars Font!!
  • The SCORE: You know what makes a Star Wars movie for me? JOHN MOTHER-F'ING WILLIAMS! I get that he is 84 years old and needed a break. (See article here from Bustle.)
  • The JEDI- Not a full deal-breaker, but missed having some Jedi around!
  • DARTH VADER- I am not going to say much, but I DO HAVE DARTH VADER IN MY LIVING ROOM! I can understand why they went with the Episode 4 Helmet, but the massive, overly ridiculous shoulder pads were a bit over the top!
On a more personal note..... The last few days have been pretty freaking awesome! I am pretty sure I've had good hair days since I got that massive trim a few weeks ago! Wednesday night, I went to dinner with some friends from work and they JUST HAD to go see the lights on the boardwalk, so we did. We got yelled at by a very UN-CHRISTMASSY driver who was concerned that we did not know the "No pedestrians on the boardwalk while the lights are up rule." She was very rude! AND finally, I was super stoked when I found out that I could listen to Forensic Files on the way home from work!! So awesome! Anyway! Have a good night! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment