About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, February 12, 2016

Deadpool

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 12 February 2016
Running Time: 1 Hour and 48 Minutes
Staring:  Ryan Reynolds, Morena Saccharin, TJ Miller, etc.
Rating?A Well deserved R.
SPOILERS? No-ish

REVIEWS
IMDB: 8.2 of 10
MY RATING: 10

STORYLINE
This is the origin story of former Special Forces operative turned mercenary Wade Wilson, who after being subjected to a rogue experiment that leaves him with accelerated healing powers, adopts the alter ego Deadpool. Armed with his new abilities and a dark, twisted sense of humor, Deadpool hunts down the man who nearly destroyed his life.


MY REVIEW:
Let me start with this, I was never really aware of the Deadpool comics, so this was quite a surprise for me. I LOVED IT! This was kinda the anti-comic book hero that I never even knew I wanted until it was there. This movie was absolutely hilarious from the first scene to the last. I know a 10 is pushing it, and even IMDB reviewers are only at a 8.2. It was brash and honest and all of the ball jokes made me wish I had read the comics. I loved the breaking o the fourth wall, the romantic silliness and the gruesome bloody-goodness.

This is me trying to be a 
comic book heroine!
So, on  to the actual review. Right from the opening credits, you'll find that this is a different kind of superhero movie. We have Wade Wilson, who is an ex-mercenary who falls for the wrong girl in just the right way. He has a bad turn of fortune and ends up in a rogue experimental medical procedure that turns him into Deadpool! (That's the only spoiler that I will drop!)

I have a soft spot in my heart for movies that tell stories using clever moments of flashbacks to reveal just enough to get us to the next part. This movie does that well. Moreno Baccarin, who I have loved since Firefly, plays his girlfriend and a pretty dirty one at that!

Here's my desk at the office.
Think I may have a problem?
While the rest of the cast is suitably funny (don't miss the fantastically-named Negasonic Teenage Warhead, played by Brianna Hildebrand), this really is Reynolds' moment in the sun all the way. He surely has come a long way since 2011's very ordinary Green Lantern. In fact, what elevates this movie to another level is not just the snarky one- liners, but the plethora of cross-references to a lot of other superhero films as well. Supported by a very clever script, Deadpool is deliciously irreverent, subversive and uproariously funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment