About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, December 18, 2015

Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 18 December 2015
Running Time: 136 Minutes
Staring:  Daisy Ridley, John Bodega, Oscar Isaac, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, and many more!
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? NO
REVIEWS
IMDB: 8.3 of 10
MY RATING: 10

STORYLINE
30 years after the defeat of Darth Vader and the Empire, Rey, a scavenger from the planet Jakku, finds a BB-8 droid that knows the whereabouts of the long lost Luke Skywalker. Rey, as well as a rogue stormtrooper and two smugglers, are thrown into the middle of a battle between the Resistance and the daunting legions of the First Order.


MY REVIEW:
I guess I should begin this by saying that I am EXTREMELY BIASED towards Star Wars. I  know that any review that I write of this movie will be ruined by that fact.

I have read a ton of reviews that say this was a bad copy of the original and Disney messed it all up. More reviews that call it a bad reboot. Although the IDEA is not foreign to me and in some of it has rings of truth. I do disagree. I am happy that JJ Abrams took the time to put his efforts into giving the Star Wars fans a great ride.

This movie hit all of the emotions that I knew  I would have in the Star Wars universe. It was dark and emotional and funny and moments that transcended all of those.  The new characters introduced were pretty interesting. Adam Driver as Kylo Ren. He played the tormented tortured soul as easily as it could have been! Daisy Ridley as Rey was surprisingly great for a new actor. And finally Finn played by John Boyega was awesome. He was funny and serious and played his part so well.  Returning to the role as Han Solo, Harrison Fold and the awesome Princess Leia played by Carrie Fisher brought great joy. And yet another amazing score by John Williams.

I loved this movie.

--------------------------------------------------->
Also, I was the FIRST IN LINE to see it tonight! I think I rocked the first spot in the line pretty hard with my small Coke Zero and bag of raisinettes.


No comments:

Post a Comment