About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, November 13, 2015

The Ouija Experiment

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 2011 (Actually watched November 2015)
Running Time: 92 Minutes
Staring:  Horror
Rating? N/A
SPOILERS? Yep

REVIEWS
IMDB: 3.4 of 10
MY RATING: 3

STORYLINE
Five friends decide to videotape their experimental sessions with an Ouija board in an attempt to create a viral video that is sure to make them famous. Personal drama causes members of the group to forget to maintain focus on the game's important rules and soon fall prey to the evil entities that occupy the board.


MY REVIEW:
There are a few problems that I have with this movie as general all-encompassing notes:

Me watching this on the couch in my Delta Zeta hoodie.
Can you see the disappointment in my face?!?
  1. The mispronunciation of the word Ouija. It's NOT WEE-JEE. The name is derived from the French and German words for Yes; Oui and Ja.
  2. Camera work in general was a disgrace. My 12 year old niece could have done a better job with a camcorder and some general instructions.
  3. The characters are so one-dimensional that it's laughable. I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I prefer developed well-rounded characters who can bring a little je ne sais quoi to the screen. 
  4. (Spoiler) WHY on earth did they have to drive all over town when they knew that they had to burn the damn thing! I am certain that it was JUST to kill off a character. Although, the dude that got his head chopped off was one of the worst actors in history, and deserved it, it was not really a good plot point.
  5. (Spoiler) If you are going to have a flashback scene, it's useless to have it be that long! Cut that shit out!
That being said, I KNOW better than to watch un-rated horror movies on Netflix thinking that I would be impressed. Don't get me wrong, on occasion, I am amused, but this was not the case. IT was NOT the worst movie I have ever seen, and some people may actually like it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment