About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, February 28, 2014

Odd Thomas

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 28 Feb 2014
Running Time: 97 Minutes
Staring:  Anton Yelchin, Ashley Sommers, Lenora Varela
Rating? Unrated
SPOILERS? No

REVIEWS
IMDB: 6.9 of 10
MY RATING: 7 of 10

STORYLINE
Small town fry cook Thomas is an ordinary guy with a paranormal secret: He sees dead people, everywhere. When a creepy stranger shows up with an entourage of ghostly bodachs (predators who feel on pain and portend mass destruction) Thomas knows that his town is in serious trouble. Teaming up with his girlfriend Stormy and a local sheriff, he plunges into an epic battle of good vs. evil to try to stop a disaster of apocalyptic proportions. Based on the best-selling thriller by Dean Koontz.

MY REVIEW:
This was a solid movie and a very enjoyable watch. As with many movies based on novels, there were many of the finer details left out. Even with that, I still feel that they did a good job of capturing Odd Thomas' character. I was not a big fan of the chemistry between Odd Thomas {Anton Yeltsin} and Stormy {Addison Timlin}. Not sure of it was just chemistry or casting, but it was not what I wanted to see.

I hate making comparisons to the book, but I will. In the book, there was more ghostly communication with other spirits with Thomas.. diverse ghosts like Elvis. I would have loved to see that brought into the movie. That would have been hilarious. It would have also helped the viewer understand the world of the dead as it plays out in this world.

I did like the movie and I enjoyed the world that it created. I'd love to see this one made into a series. Monster of the week series would work well in this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment