About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Devil's Pass


GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 28 Feb 2013
Running Time: 100 Minutes
Staring:  Holly Goss, Matt Stokoe, Luke Albright
Rating? R
SPOILERS? NO

REVIEWS
IMDB: 5.7 of 10
Rotten Tomatoes: Critics: 53% Audience: 29%
MY RATING: 5

STORYLINE
Devils Pass follows a group of  American Students on a trek to investigate the true life mystery of nine Russian skiers who befell unexpected deaths int eh Russian Mountain Pass, Dyatlov, in 1959. TO this day, their deaths have been one of the most bizarre unsolved mysteries of the 20th Century.

MY REVIEW:
I am a history buff and had read about eh Dyatlov Pass several years ago so this movie sounded like something that I would be interested in seeing. I did give it a 5 of 10 just for the simple fact that there were some sections that just could not be looked over.

It's not a "found footage" film, but the camera work is really interesting. I liked the angle that they were going for. It was different and interesting and a little odd. Like I said, i know some about the incident from 1959, and decided that the best way to deal with facts in this case is to put them all aside and just watch. That was the best choice.

There are some good aspects. The filming is beautiful. I would love to see that location in real life. Decent acting and the writing was pretty well done even through the weird story plot twists and turns.

The story does do some back-and-forth and leaves a lot of loose ends. Maybe a little too much Russian Fear than I would prefer.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie enough to watch it again. Watch it for what it is and do your own research about Dyatlov.

No comments:

Post a Comment