About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, December 21, 2012

Jack Reacher

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 21 December 2012
Running Time: 130 Minutes
Staring:  Tom Cruise, Rosamund Pike
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? YES

REVIEWS
IMDB: 6.0 of 10
Rotten Tomatoes: Critics: 62% Audience: 67%
MY RATING: 6 of 10

MY REVIEW:
I hate to review a movie when I really loved the book and I was indifferent to the movie, but here goes. I feel that the book flowed very nicely together, but that didn't translate to the screen as nicely as I had wished. There was a ton of action and I enjoyed some of the sequences that seemed comedic, but there seemed to be a lack of any real THRILL. I liked the idea of Jack Reacher being Tom Cruise. He fit the bill rather nicely.

I was indifferent to most of the casting choices until Rosamund Pike. I just feel like she was not the Helen that I would have liked to have seen. I just really didn't find her scenes much less than good and a little annoying really. She's not a horrible actor, but i just think they could have come up with a better person to play this character.

Overall, this was a decent movie. Average. It was a good story and as long as you're not looking for an intellectual feast for the brain, this will be a good movie to view. It's entertaining and visually interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment