About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, August 3, 2012

Total Recall


GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 3 Aug 2012
Running Time: 118 Minutes
Staring:  Colin Farrell, Bokeem Woodbine, Bryan Cranston, Kate Bekinsale, Jessica Biel
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? NO

REVIEWS
IMDB: 6.3 of 10
Rotten Tomatoes: Critics: 30% Audience: 47%
MY RATING: 5 of 10

MY REVIEW:
I am not a huge fan of remakes and in general feel that if the original wasn't broken, there is no need to mess with it! I think this was a pretty decent case of exactly that!

We get some of the same ideas from the original Total Recall from 1990, but the pieces that were the integral portions were missing for me. Mars? Where is the idea of Mars? No Doug Quaid played by Collin Farrell saying "Get your ass to Mars." No three booked aliens in the mutant sector? No mutants in general.

So, the earth is decimated and Douglas Quaid can't get the idea of his adventurous dreams out of his head. He gets his ass to Recall where they implant vacations. Same plat as before. Lori Quaid was Sharon Stone and is now Kate Beckinsale. I was saddened to have Melina not the leader of the mutant rebellion, but not to see Jessica Biel.

The missing pieces of the original plot to free Mars creates some very unwatchable edits. I was missing a big reason for me to care about the rest of the people. I miss the original. This was good. Not great, but good.


No comments:

Post a Comment