About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, March 23, 2012

The Hunger Games


GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 23 March 2012
Running Time: 142 Minutes
Staring:  Jennifer Lawrence. Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? NO

REVIEWS
IMDB: 7.3 of 10
Rotten Tomatoes: Critics: 84% Audience: 81%
MY RATING: 8 of 10

STORYLINE
In a dystopian future, the totalitarian nation of Panem is divided into 12 districts and the Capitol. Each year two representative from each are selected by lottery to participate in the Hunger Games. Part entertainment and part brutal retribution for a past rebellion, the televised games are broadcast through Panem. The 24 youths are forced to eliminate their competitors while the citizens of Panem are required to watch. When 16-year old Katniss Everdeen's you g sister Prim is selected as District 12's female representative, Katniss volunteers to take her place. She and her male counterpart, Peeta, are pitted against bigger, stronger representatives, some of whom have been in training their whole lives.

MY REVIEW:
I have to say this was almost as good as the book. They did a great job with the casting and theme and just enough humor to tie it into a nice little bow. I enjoyed watching Katniss, played by Jennifer Lawrence, develop through the movie and end up with a believable and likable character. The stars for me were Seneca Crane, played by Wes Bentley and Stanley Tucci as Caesar Flickerman.  I liked Peeta (Josh Hutchinson) as the damsel in distress throughout the movie, and I liked the chemistry between Peeta and Katniss. Enjoyed three movie. Must see.

No comments:

Post a Comment