About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, September 16, 2011

Straw Dogs

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 16 Sept 2011
Running Time: 110 Minutes
Staring:  James Marsden, Kate Bosworth
Rating? R
SPOILERS? NO

REVIEWS
IMDB: 5.8 of 10
MY RATING: 6

STORYLINE
LA Screenwriter David Sumner relocates with his wife to her hometown in the deep South. There, while tensions build between them, a brewing conflict with locals becomes a threat to them both.

MY REVIEW:
I was pretty indifferent. It was okay, just okay.

I saw the "crazy hillbilly locals" plot coming a mile away. The overall message seems more about a competition for masculinity and standing up to bullies. It was overdone and excessive. The plot was watered down and could have been better. The acting was pretty good.  The serious nature of this movie was pretty intense. But Aleksander Skarsgard was perfect!!

No comments:

Post a Comment