About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Fright Night

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 19 Aug 2011
Running Time: 106 Minutes
Staring:  Colin Farrell, Dave Franco, Anton Yelchin, David Tennant, Christopher Mintz-Plasse
Rating? R
SPOILERS? YES

REVIEWS
IMDB: 6.4 of 10
MY RATING: 7

MY REVIEW:
I'm a late 80's girl and I remember the original Fright Night with all of the other things that I feel were nostalgically my youth! I spent a while convincing myself that I COULD actually give this remake a chance. Admittedly, it did take some convincing.

I was pleasantly surprised. There was a pretty delicate balance between paying homage to the classic and giving it a new twist. I feel that they were successful in that endeavor.

I think the casting choices did give it the dignity that I feel it was deserving. Colin Farrell is cast as the Vampire-Next-Door, Jerry. I found his portrayal delightfully entertaining. He was a choice that after watching him play this part, I feel was the only choice to make!

Playing the role of Charley Brewster, the somewhat delicate youth who discovers the sinister vampire preying on his peers, is Anton Yelchin. He was in the Star Trek remake in 2009, so that makes sense... he likes remakes. Christopher Mintz-Plasse plays his buddy Ed, perfectly I might add. Toni Collette is his mom.. Imogen Poots is Amy.

I mean, it's not a new idea for a movie, it's not anything out of the ordinary, but it's a pretty decent movie. I enjoyed it. Sparkly vampires and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment