About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, October 22, 2010

Paranormal Activity 2


GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 22 October 2010
Director: Tod Williams
Writer:Michael R. Perry and Christopher Landon
Running Time: 1 hour and 31 minutes
Rating? R
SPOILERS? NO

REVIEWS
IMDB: 5.7 of 10
MY RATING: 7 or 10

STORYLINE
Daniel Rey and wife, Kristi; daughter, Ali; toddler son, Hunter, and their dog, move to Carlsbad, CA. A few days later their residence is broken into, however, nothing appears to be missing. In order to prevent re-occurrences, they install a number of security cameras that will record everything on a DVR. After they hire nanny to look after Hunter, she informs them that there is something wrong in their house and performs prayers, much to the chagrin of Daniel, who lets her go. He will subsequently regret this decision as more inexplicable and strange incidents occur, with Ali concluding, after a research, that their house may be possessed by a demonic entity.

MY REVIEW
I liked this movie. Not the best of the best, but solid.

This is a legit high quality sequel. Creep factor was pretty high and I was really happy with the plot and the twists that kept the movie going.

I loved the idea of proving more of the backstory for Katie along with her sister. It started to actually feel like the developing characters were coming together and forming a fully functional character! I liked this movie better than the first one. Yes, it was a little slow to start, but the final act of this movie was quite likely the best I've seen in a long time in this genre. Where this movie went in the right direction for me was the additional camera angles all over the house. I appreciated the filmmakers understanding our need to see MORE!

It's a pretty standard scary movie with some additional pieces that make it not suck!

No comments:

Post a Comment